Wednesday, July 14, 2004

High on Bremen and e Olympics

So so so much to say! I’m back from Bremen! Missing it so much now…the past few days have been a blast of an experience….enjoying every single moment of the choir filled days…I half wish we can all really be full time choristers instead of students..tho of cos that’s not possible :p

Dun haf the energy now to do a day to day recount of wat exactly went on everyday there in Bremen, but wrote it down in travel diary le..so for now, I jus want to remember that the past few days haf been one of the best few days of my life. Wif a sense of achievement and fulfilment.

We won gold medals for both categories of the competition. Truly unbelievable for a young and not so established choir like us…but then again, telling ppl this kind of stuff wont garner the same kind of sentiments, they’ll prob just go like “oh ok..so?” ppl wont really understand how much we, as a choir, went thru together and how we’ve enjoyed each and everyone’s company the last few days. But u noe wat? That doesn’t really matter, cos wat matters is that all of us went thru it together. The gold medals really mean a lot a lot to every single chorister of our choir, and the memories will last us a lifetime. :D never in my life haf I felt such pride for Singapore! Haha :p

I wil always remember how all of us held hands saying our little prayers and also holding our Singapore flags while waiting for them to announce our results for the finals, esp when it came to folklore. Think all of our hearts skipped a beat when the mark for the choir jumped to 81 point something. It was like the moment of our lives la. All simultaneously jumped up screaming….tears just flowed naturally.

I will also always remember how we sang Amor so perfectly on the day of our Mixed Youth cat finals. This magical feeling. This tingling feeling. This love for choir and every fellow chorister. That image we painted together in ONE VOICE was perfect.

I will always remember how we rushed to and fro everyday from our hotel to competition grounds, rushing to take the bus, the train, packing our costumes and our shoes into our backpacks, wearing our brightly coloured costumes on the train and getting weird stares, wearing our thin choir gowns and nearly freezing to death in the cold wind, trying to take photos everywhere we went and acting like dumb tourists, Timo’s bird shit experience which took place right in front of me(haha :p),Amelia going to the hospital cos of medication allergies, eating our first german hotdogs for lunch when we first reached, the nice simple chat the j2s had in em and ne’s room on the last nite, and even up till the last day, running nearly the whole way from market place to hauptbanhopf to catch the 1.40 train cos we were so so late, singing at the airport and crying, esp the national day songs and dang ni gu dan ni hui xiang qi shui, singing on the train and actually anywhere else possible.

Think these few days haf oso brought all of us together, not only within the college but oso wif the voices…esp for us, the j2s…grown much closer and truly this friendship built really means A LOT to me. Dun think I can convey this in words now, cos it’s really something felt among all of us I guess. Will always hold dear to this friendship. Although our term is ending soon, and all of us getting teary eyed (even the guys!) really really comforted that we’ll always be frens forever and we always can join the voices when we graduate!

If anyone of u ever read this, jus wanna say to all u j2s out there, love all of ya loads and loads and loads jus cant express it enough. Jus like I said, I really feel very xing fu to be able to be in hc choir in this year, cos we’ve been thru so much together, so many 1sts. 1st concert at esplanade, first time taking part in choir Olympics and first time coming back wif two, yes TWO gold medals. We’ve come so far together, and I believe that we will stay together and walk on together. This kinda feeling is jus so magical I guess, so intangible but still something so true to every single one of us. Really thank God for his marvellous plans for our lives, and it’s jus so miraculous how he watches over us.

As the last few days passed one by one, I keep asking myself, what if I hadn’t come to HC? Or wat if I wasn’t part of the 2003/04 batch in choir? Or worse still, wat if I hadn’t joined choir at all in the first place? I would have been a totally different person. God really works in wondrous ways.

If I jus go on and on toking bout this, think I’ll jus be repeatin myself again and again just trying to say the same kinda stuff. Cos this kinda feeling is just so difficult to express in a few words, and it’s impossible to find the best words to describe it aptly. Its something u can only ti hui if u’re part of us. :D

In all, jus wanna say that although I wont be able to describe in detail wat we went thru the past few days together in Bremen, the memories of us together will always be held deep in my heart. While I was typing this, saw this piano score on e bed beside me, think it’s qian’s..the song is ‘if we hold on together’. Always liked this song a lot, so I started to sing the chorus to myself looking at the score, but after singing the first line, couldn’t carry on. Tears just flowed. Missing u all and cherishing u all lots. So thankful for everything.

Don't lose your way
With each passing day
You've come so far
Don't throw it away
Live believing
Dreams are for weaving
Wonders are waiting to start
Live your story
Faith hope and glory
Hold to the truth
In your heart

If we hold on together
I know our dreams
Will never die
Dreams see us through
To forever
Where clouds roll by
For you and I

Souls in the winds
must learn how to mend
Seek out a star
Hold on to the end
Valley, mountain
There is a fountain
Washes our tears
All away
Words are swaying
Someone is praying
Please let us come
Home to stay


When we are out there
In the dark
We'll dream about the sun
In the dark
We'll feel the light
Warm our hearts
Everyone

If we hold on together
I know our dreams
Will never die
Dreams see us through
To forever
As high
As souls can fly
The clouds roll by
For you and I