Monday, June 28, 2004

.Inner peace.

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7


Yeah! Gp and physics are over!!! Yeah!!! Hehe…but next tml is chem…. :( hmm gp and physics were ok la…do-able….not like some confirm fail paper.but dunno whether can do well la…but who cares la.

Actually I was feeling rather nervous this morning..when I just went to sch….like as if the horror had jus sunk in..the horror of block test…..ha…but before gp paper…I made a little prayer…the usual ones we make before a test…but this time…I think first time I ever felt this inner peace…it really really calmed me down lots and told me that no matter what, God is ALWAYS watching over me. Yepx. I was enlightened that no matter how much we study, how much we mug, how much we WANT to do well, at the end of it all, God is the one who determines the results..so why worry so much? If I do well, I do well lor. If I do badly, I do badly lor. God wants me to learn smth from my mistakes as well…no point getting so tensed up and so nervous, cos I noe that if I’ve tried my best ( and this time I think I really have ), then the peace of God which transcends all understanding will be with me as I do the paper…the results don’t really matter in the end!

Good and bad results, at the end of the day, will be forgotten by man. What we should focus on is not these worldly achievements! Ha…mayb writing it out liddat it may not seem lik some big lesson la, but at least for me at this present moment, I feel like I’ve learnt a lot. Simply place ALL of this into His big and mighty hands, and jus leave everything to him! I’ve really truly thought about this lesson, and have since learnt to let go. Sometimes, why hold on so tightly to all this? Strive hard for excellence? Not wrong..but sometimes unnecessary pressure is added on yourself! Why not jus look to God for strength and depend on Him for hope?
I can do everything through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:13


Still remember this is my sec 4 class verse…something so applicable even until now…
Forgetting what is behind and straining towards what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 3:13-14


Hee..quoted all my fav verses from book of Philippians…e verses which I still learn a lot from and get lots of encouragement from. :D

Thank you God, for being here when I need you.

PS: haha..only 8 more days to bremen...yoke kept reminding me of that when i saw her today....so excited i hardly feel like studying!!!

ahh..but i told myself the last week of the hols supposed to like start doing presents and writing cards for my sect members..but never had time to get down to it..betta start soon.....haiz...ha they were suggesting write on the plane.. :p watever it is, i'm like so so so excited!!! hehe... :D :D