Wednesday, June 23, 2004

Be thankful always

Haiz. Another day over. Another step nearer to the block test. But then again, it’s another step closer to the Bremen trip! There’re always two sides to something, we just have to look harder to find the better side and we’ll feel better!

Complaining complaining complaining. If you gave me the time, I would b able to go on and on moaning bout how mundane life really is. Why do we have to study so hard to excel? Cant we just be normal ppl? At the end of life’s road, will all this really matter? What will matter anyway in the end?

Feel like I’ve jus wasted this whole day away. Feeling no sense of completion. Trying hard to do as much practice papers and stuff, but sometimes, the more I practise, the more I feel as if I’m out of touch. The more I feel as if I’m not up to it. Will all this be worth it in the end?

Complaining complaining complaining. Does it work? Maybe. But what good is it after moaning? As far as I see it, it doesn’t change what we have to do in the end. We still haf to get back to our lives and continue the journey. In the way we used to. Maybe improved, maybe not. I guess we learn along the way.

Something I learnt – take yourself out of that situation and look at it from the outside. U’ll see how lucky and xing fu u really are. Don’t u see how much the Lord has blessed you with? What is there to complain about? Ur life? Shouldn’t u feel thankful and comforted that God is there to watch over every single little minute thing u do?

Suddenly felt like doing a list of things I can be thankful for, and realise that all this is just the tip of a very very large iceberg. These are some of the bestest things ever that happened to me, other than being brought into this world as a healthy baby.
1. getting a chance to know God personally and to be his child in his kingdom forever
2. having a wonderful family with whom I can always share joys, laughter, disappointments, tears, hope, love, and much more
3. having a healthy great grandmother whom God has been taking care of all these years
4. having the opportunity to learn music, the piano and to be able to sing
5. being enrolled into my dear school, MGS since pre primary 2 and to be studying in that school till sec4
6. 4A1’2002
7. coming to BPMC and making lifetime frens
8. being able to serve in church’s music ministry
9. getting good enough results to get into HC
10. joining the choir as a cca – something I’ve always wanted since primary school
11. friendship and comfort all these years. I thank god for every single friend I have.
And the list, quite obviously, goes on and on. These are only a few of the many things God has blessed me with. What more do I have to complain about?

Learn to be thankful in everything. Cherish whatever you have. Enjoy whatever you are doing. Because you are blessed in a very special way you may not even realise.

Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the lord is not in vain.
1 Corinthians 15:58

Like this verse a lot… tells me to go on and not to give up even when nothing seems to have meaning to it. Studying hard is my ying1 jing4 de4 ben3 fen4. I should do it well. God noes what’s best for me. I should accept life cos it isn’t that bad after all. :)